Pages

Tuesday 19 May 2015

My MAC Eyeshadow Palette

Tuesday 19 May 2015
















I decided it was time to buy myself the Mac Pro Palette alongside the 15 eyeshadow insert about 2 years ago now, the palette with the insert costs £16.50 but you could easily put the Mac pan eyeshadows into a Z Palette or whatever else strikes your fancy.

When buying a Mac eyeshadow you can get them in pan form and it saves you £3 per eyeshadow so if you are thinking of collecting some Mac shadows is will end up worth getting them in pan form. Mac pan eyeshadows cost £10 which is reasonable but when you look at the palette it has 15 eyeshadows so the total cost of my palette is £166.50. Compared to for instance the Urban Decay Naked Palette which I believe cost around £40 for 12 shadows a Mac eyeshadow palette is quite the investment. However I have no regrets and this is because the eyeshadows have fantastic quality, pigmentation and range. I use this palette every day and to be honest have been seriously debating getting another empty palette to fill because I still have Mac eyeshadows that I need in my life right now (i'm looking at you Club).


Top Row: Nylon, Retro-speck, Grain, Vex, Omega
Middle Row: Ricepaper, Orb, All That Glitters, Soba, Satin Taupe
Botom Row: Naked Lunch, Jest, Patina, Wood-Winked, Espresso

nylon, retro-speck, grain, vex, omega
Nylon
Mac Says: Pale gold with icy shimmer
I bought Nylon to use in my inner corner and it works a dream as its a really striking shade which brings attention and brightens wonderfully.

Retro-Speck
Mac Say: Beige with silver-gold shimmer
Retro-speck is a really fun quite glittery natural shade which is perfect for sweeping all over the lid.

Grain
Mac Say: Golden beige with icy shimmer
The eyeshadow is one of my favourites, I haven't really heard anything about this from beauty blogs/gurus but its such a lovely all over the lid beige shade, its showing up a bit more pink than it actually is on this picture but it is gorgeous in real life.

Vex
Mac Say: Beige with pink-green pearl (???? what)
I bought Vex buy mistake, I meant to get something else I can't remember what but after swatching every Mac eyeshadow and looking at their names I just blanked and asked for Vex. I don't wear Vex a lot its a grey shimmery shadow but its not very pigmented which makes it wearable. I have no idea what the people who work for Mac were smoking when they said this colour was beige with pink-green pearl because they are straight up wrong.

Omega
Mac Say: Soft muted beige-taupe
This is the perfect matte blending shade I literally don't need to say anymore, I adore this shade.

ricepaper, orb, all that glitters, soba, satin taupe
Ricepaper
Mac Say: Peachy gold with shimmer
Ricepaper is another really lovely all over the lid colour, I usually wear this all over the lid with Omega blended into the crease for a really casual subtle look for work.

Orb
Mac Say: Soft peachy-beige
Orb is a matte shadow which I tend to use to block out the veins on my eyelids after i've primed or all over the lid on days when I really can't be bothered wearing eyeshadow.

All That Glitters
Mac Say: Beige with Gold Pearl
I don't know why this has photographed as being so damn pink because its not. All That Glitters is a muted pink eyeshadow with gold running through it, it looks amazing on its own all over the lid.

Soba
Mac Say: Gold Brown with gold Shimmer
Soba is probably my biggest regret in this palette just because I can't wear it, I find it WAY too pigmented for all over the lid and really hard to blend if I put it in my crease. Also I find that colour really unflattering for my eye colour/skin tone. There is just something about this shadow that isn't right for me which is a real shame because when swatched it looks so lovely.

Satin Taupe
Mac Say: Taupe with silver shimmer
I don't think i've ever been out clubbing and not worn Satin Taupe, it a perfect dark taupe colour which just catches the light and looks beautiful.

naked lunch, jest, patina, wood-winked, espresso
Naked Lunch
Mac Say: Minimal pink with shimmer
Again a beautiful lid shade, Naked Lunch isn't that pigmented so its really natural looking when on the lid.

Jest
Mac Say: Soft Peach with icy shimmer
Jest is very similar to Naked Lunch but a little but darker so on reflection I probably don't need both...

Patina
Mac Say: Taupe brown with golden pearl
Patina is another one of my favourites, I love to wear this all over the lid and blend it up into the crease it makes my eyes really pop.

Wood-Winked
Mac Say: Golden Brown
Wood-Winked is a gorgeous brown shade which is packed with gold shimmer, I didn't like this so much when I first got it but recently i've been using it more and more as a crease colour for a darker look.

Espresso
Mac Say: Muted Golden Brown
Espresso is a dark matte brown that I love putting on my outer corners for added definition.



What are your favourite Mac eyeshadows?

7 comments:

  1. This is defiantly my sort of palette. I need Wood-Winked in my collection now!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of the neutral browny shades!

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a great collection, love grain and riceapaper beautiful colours definitely need to pick them up.
    Zeynab x
    The Beauty Load

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow these are so gorgeous, I could definitely justify something like this if I used it every day :) Glad you love it

    X Emma | www.missemmacharlotte.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a really great in-depth look at your MAC Eyeshadows. I love the way you structured the swatches, very easy for me to follow. I used to be a huge advocate for MAC eyeshadows until I stumbled upon Morphe Brushes Eyeshadows. At $2 a piece they have a very comparable quality to MAC and are so much more affordable. I use them for travel because I'm not heartbroken if my $2 eyeshadow shatters. It you love MAC then I'd totally look into Morphe Brushes!!!

    Much Love!
    -Stephanie Eva
    www.stephanieheva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These shadows are all so gorgeous!

    www.mystictales.co

    ReplyDelete
  7. I decided it was time to buy myself the Mac Pro Palette alongside the 15 eyeshadow insert about 2 years ago now, the palette with the insert ... imaceyeshadow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

mintier © 2014